for a startup business
A brochure website is a bit different from a small business website.
What is a brochure website?
It’s like a detailed, appealing business card, online. It reinforces the image you convey about yourself and your services at a personal encounter.
What is it for?
Brochure websites are ideal for small businesses, typically one-man-band businesses when the business rests on your person(ality), eg coach, psychologist, therapist, etc.
What should a brochure website contain?
It can have a one-page layout or can be a multiple page website. Either way the following sections are necessary:
- Who are you?
- What are your service?
- Contact page, information about opening hours, venue(s)
- Besides the content, having a few unique (!) images of good quality is a must.
It’s important that your site is perfect for the eye and technically speaking as well, that is:
- it is fast
- however moderate in size and number all of its elements should be appealing, carefully and well made
- Social media presence, your website being the landing page
- Besides the above it’s also important to have a proper Facebook and/or Linkedin profile. This is the way you can advertise yourself: by running local campaigns targeting your area. And by doing so, those interested in your business will land on your website.
It can’t be expected from a small brochure site to achieve a good Google position. First of all, bear in mind that your new page is competing with a billion of long existing other websites, secondly, however much content you try to write it still inevitably will be little compared to that of big companies with a wide range of services.
For a successful SEO many things are important.