for a start-up business
A brochure website is a bit different to a small business website.
What is a brochure website?
Think of it as an online business card, with more detail. It reinforces the image you convey at a personal encounter, about yourself and your business.
What is it for?
Brochure websites are ideal for small businesses; typically, one-man-band businesses where the business is mainly about the owner, their personality and their skills. They might be a coach, psychologist or therapist, for example.
What should a brochure website contain?
It can have a one-page layout or can be a multiple page website. Either way, the following sections are essential:
- Who are you?
- What are your services?
- Contact page: how to contact you, location and opening hours.
- Besides the text content, a few eye-catching, high quality images are a must.
It’s important that, as well as looking right, your site works technically too:
- It should be fast.
- However moderate in size and number, all of its elements should be engaging and carefully made.
- Social media presence, your website being the landing page
- Your website also acts as a ‘landing page’ for visitors from social media sites, so it has different roles to perform and needs to work well for all of them.
Don’t expect a small brochure site to achieve a good Google position. Firstly, your new page is competing with a billion other websites, many of which have been there a long time. Secondly, however much content your site has, inevitably it will be small compared to that of big companies in your field, and search engines favour bigger sites with more information.
Successful SEO depends on a lot of things.